News and Articles
How to Get a General Trading License in Dubai
One of the most common questions first-time UAE entrepreneurs are asking is, “Which type of license should I register for my business?”. If you are looking to import, export, and trade products such as food, electronics, clothes, etc., you must obtain a General Trading license. This will allow you to trade locally and internationally. Your company could import, export, and trade any products, including cosmetics, toys, furniture, building materials, and more.
Obtaining a General Trading license in the UAE is easy and pretty straightforward; this is due to the UAE’s new initiatives of making the entire process easy for everyone, particularly to foreign investors and entrepreneurs both in a UAE Free Zone and Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED).
General Trading License Cost
The cost of applying for a general trading license may range from AED 11,500 to AED 30,000, depending on the jurisdiction your license will be under and your specific requirements.
- SHAMS Free Zone: Starts from AED 11,500
- Dubai DED: Stars from AED 30,000
- Ajman Free Zone: Starts from AED 18,535
- IFZA (International Free Zone Authority): Starts from AED 13,900
- Fujairah Creative City: Starts from AED 13,500
- JAFZA (Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority): Starts from AED 20,000
Please feel free to contact one of our experienced and well-knowledgeable Business Setup Advisors to find out more about UAE Free Zone and Mainland license packages.
How to get a General Trading License in Dubai?
- Local Sponsor – If you decide to set up under the Dubai DED, you will be required to get a Local Sponsor. Smart Zone can provide you with a reliable local UAE Corporate Sponsor, which is a mandatory requirement to start your UAE mainland business.
- Choose a Business Name – Choose and apply for a trading name for your business. Once it’s approved, you can start applying for a General Trading license.
- MOA, Shareholder Passports, and Visas – You will be required to provide certain documents such as a memorandum of association detailing sponsor arrangements, if applicable, and ownership percentage among all partners, along with copies of shareholder passports and visas.
- Setup an office or a warehouse – If you are setting up a general trading license under Dubai DED, you will be allowed to take on both office and warehouse space anywhere in the UAE without limitations compared with a Free Zone license.
- Customs – If you are importing goods and products, you must obtain a Customs Clearance from the customs authority. You can register under the Emirate in which your license is registered.
- Apply for General Trading License, Immigration Card, and Visas, if applicable – The whole application process can take 24 hours to one week. Once you receive your Trade License, you will be ready to open a corporate bank account and set up your business office in your chosen jurisdiction location.
Smart Zone – Business Setup Specialists
At Smart Zone, our team of professional and well-experienced Business Setup Advisors can guide and take care of the whole process for you so you can focus on your business. We provide unbiased advice and assist you with Government agency partners so you can set up your business in no time. We assist you with company registration, license requirements, local sponsorship, PRO services, and employee and dependant visas.
Talk to one of our advisors and learn about our exclusive license packages. Call +971552330077 today.